Thursday, September 7, 2017

23. A Retrospective Photo Dump

Back in America the nostalgia is, at times, almost unbearable. Sometimes I worry that I will never again live amidst as much energy, love, and meaning as I experienced in Senegal. I am rapidly approaching 2 years since I returned. It doesn't feel possible that soon I will have been out of the Peace Corps for as long as I was in the Peace Corps. As this experience fades into the past I am regularly struck by the beauty of certain moments, and moved by the things I am lucky enough to have experienced. 

The only thing I can think to do is dump some photos on the internet. There is something about putting them out there that I find satisfying. The pictures here appear in (roughly) chronological order, but otherwise are scattered in geography and substance. Many of these pictures have appeared on this blog in previous posts. 

I suppose in a way that doing this is more for me than anyone else. Only I know all the people in all of these pictures and the stories behind them. 



















































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment