Monday, July 18, 2016

20. Tour de Guineas

Upon finishing my two year Peace Corps service in November 2015, I went on a bike trip through Guinea Bissau and Guinea with a fellow volunteer, Dan. This trip took us to lost islands off the coast of Guinea Bissau, and up into the remote Futa Jallon mountains of northern Guinea. It's a trip I'd been thinking about and researching for much of my service, and its hard to believe all the things I got to see.

We travelled through and stayed in towns and villages far more remote, and much poorer than those I visited in Senegal. Some communities had been affected by the Ebola crisis in 2014 and earlier in 2015. Some were home to tiny ethnic groups. All were welcoming and beautiful. Enjoy!

https://jason-andrews.travelmap.net

Update March 24, 2017.
I got into contact with the folks who run the TravelMap blog, and they encouraged me to write an introduction essay to my travel blog, for their home site blog.

Here is that essay: https://travelmap.net/blog/tour-de-guineas/

No comments:

Post a Comment